Friday, March 19, 2010

Monday

Well, I was able to post daily for the beginning of the trip, but as things wound up, I found it more difficult...plus, I often was unwilling to pull myself away from just "hanging" with the H10 Team in order to blog!

After a great long night of sleep in Texas, I will work to update in retrospect...

Monday was a good day...we spent our morning at Helping Hands...we decorated foam photo frames with the kids, then I took pics and printed them off on our portable photo printer (one of the best missions investments I have ever made!). When we first began, I told the team, don't let the kids just pull stickers off and stick them on their clothes...have them put them on the frames! However, when I watched two little boys with foam stickers covering their arms from shoulders to risks--all of my structure went out the window! (LCCS students were cheering all over the world at this moment! ;))...they were the cutest little boys having what Mrs. Deckert calls "bubba time"...they giggled and pointed and rearranged stickers all over each other! We found it harder to leave that day than the last, and in our minds we were already calculating that Tuesday would be our last day with them. What sweetness to be a vessel for God to pour out His love! And when you are pouring out His love, you can't help but have it splash all over you!!!

We spent the early part of the evening at Manuelito again...the kids taught their line dances and decorated baseball hats with them. I took the 4 junior girls and we set off with Alejandro to find shoes for the 42 kids at Helping Hands...now, I realize that Talanga does not carry the same shoe selection as say, the Lake Worth Wal-Mart....but oh my! We dug through 5 different shoe stores trying to find new tennis shoes for each of the kids. The girls were such troopers! We finally found all but the last 3 pair and the Machados said they would find those in the coming weekend. The last thing we did at Manuelito on Monday night was to hand out glow necklaces--and they were such a hit! It was great fun to look out the window as we drove off and see the "bouncing necklaces" as the children headed to their dorms for the night! And another reminder of the light of God's love that we are so desperate to share!

kw for H10

No comments:

Post a Comment